Thank you for the feedback that keeps coming in. Here is some more updated information on applying for relief through the CARES Act
- I wanted to clarify loan forgiveness with respect to the Economic Injury Disaster Loan through the SBA. If you apply for this loan through the SBA, there is an option to get $10K very quickly if you are cash strapped and this loan will be forgivable. Just to be clear though…this is not in addition to the forgiveness related to the Paycheck Protection Program loan. The same total amount will be forgivable except that you can get $10K expedited through the SBA loan. Here is the link again if you want to apply for the emergency funding: https://covid19relief.sba.gov
- Group health insurance premiums will be included as part of your payroll expense.
Potential Savings for Physicians & Dentists
- For the physicians and dentists, I had a client contact me to let me know that they were able to receive a 30% discount on their Malpractice/Professional Liability policy by changing their classification to part-time. It is probably worth a phone call to your professional liability company to see if you qualify for that.
Applying for the Paycheck Protection Program
- The private banks which is where we need to go to get the Paycheck Protection Program Loans still have not received guidelines on how to proceed. Everybody that has been calling their banks is receiving the same feedback. The consensus seems to be that they will get the guidelines by the end of this week or early next week.
Small Business Guide to CARES Act from the US Senate
- I was forwarded a link to a guide put out by the US Senate that seemed to answer a lot of questions. Here is a link to the Small Business Guide to CARES Act